9.20.2010

Just another day at the Races...(and other highlights...)

Nearly a year after my last post, I've remembered to come back and update. What's happened so far? Plenty and beyond.

This past Saturday, Sept. 18, 2010, Ron completed his first triathlon. Stella and I are so proud of him. This was an Olympic distance; 1 mile open water swim, 25 miles bike, and 10k run. Ron's unofficial time was 2:44. It was a blast to watch all the competitors, not a dull day at all. Unfortunately no pictures were taken. The race started at 6:30 in the morning, and I had a 5 year old to lug around along with snacks, pillows and blankets all through the transition areas. But at least I know now, that for future races, it won't be difficult to do.

We are now in Coronado, CA. But this is only temporary. In late April, Stelly and I moved to Guam to set up house, while Ron had to move to CA without us for 6 months. Instead, we decided that once I got the house stuff settled, I would come to CA and stay during Ron's training. In Nov. we'll finally be back in Guam for a while. We are all looking forward to that. The weather in Guam is perfect; hot, sunny, and NEVER COLD ALL YEAR ROUND! That's the best part.

Recently, I found out that I made the Dean's List during my first year of college. I am rejuvenated with this news. School can really burn a person out, especially when you're keeping a 4.0 average. I am half way done with my first degree in Political Science. And speaking of school, Stella is now in K-1 at Village Elementary School here in Coronado. She loves school, and is in an accelerated program. Her teacher is very tech-savvy and implements great teaching tools from electronic sources into the curriculum. It's a very active learning environment.

That's all for now. As I get a little more set up on this new computer, I'll post pictures, and collect more blogging items. Take care all! In the mean time, enjoy the pictures of Guam from this past May!

No comments:

Post a Comment