Well, it's been a long month. It's that time of year where the holiday spirit kicks in, missing family members finally come back home, and I turn another year older.
Stella and I are super excited for Ron's return home. Not much longer now. We've done some special things for him and we hope he loves his welcome home. (can't give the details, since he reads the blog on the ship) He's had an incredible cruise, stopping in many unique places, like Singapore, S. Korea, Hong Kong, and Australia. We look forward to having him home again just in time for a turkey dinner. It will be nice to know that for at least a year, he won't have to go anywhere again without us. After that, it's back the Navy's schedule. But we won't think about that right now. Ron has hardly been home 5 months in the last 12. It's been rough on Stella. But as she gets older, it gets a little easier since she can use her words more and more.
I celebrated my birthday a week early with some friends in Tokyo. It was a neat experience. Tokyo is an incredible place, so many international people and fast forward. I suppose you could say it's like LA and New York City combined. It was a great time with some great ladies! Unfortunately, I got some bad news from the doctor about my knee. I'll have to give running a rest for the next 3-5 weeks. (one week already down) I have some micro-tears in my LCL. It was a somewhat devastating blow. I was ready to sign up for a half-marathon in Saipan for March, but that may have to get put off until another year. I'm disappointed, but promise to come back with a vengeance.
Anyway, our thoughts are with all our family and friends. Please keep my grandfather in your thoughts. He has been more like a father all these years, and he's having difficult times now.
Until next post...




No comments:
Post a Comment