10.14.2010

SAIPAN TAGAMAN 2011 TRIATHLON

Well, I may have lost my mind. Last night, with an ever-so-slight nudge from the hubby, I managed to signed up for the Tagaman Tri in Saipan this coming March. This on will be a little longer than the one Ron did last month. The race is a 2k swim, 60k bike, and 15k run. For those of us not familiar with the metric system, that equates to a 1.25 mile swim, 37.2 mile bike, and 9.3 mile run. I am looking forward to this challenge. Last year in April, we took a vacation to Saipan. It just so happened they were hosting a Tagaman race. Ever since then I knew I wanted to participate in one. So this is an exciting experience. The race course is no easy feat. The bike course takes us up to the Bonzai and Suicide Cliffs, which is a WWII historical site where the last of the Japanese Garrison committed suicide at the end of the Battle of Saipan. I am going to include both pictures we took from that vacation of part of the race course I'm looking forward to, as well as pictures from Ron's triathlon last month. He said is was some of the best fun he had ever had. I look forward to sharing in that experience as well as going back to Saipan, it was beautiful the first time around. And with it only being a 45 minutes hopper flight from Guam, I won't have to worry about jet lag prior to the race...And just putting this out there, anyone looking for a vacation to the Pacific islands, I wouldn't mind a couple cheer-leaders either. I'm just sayin'...  :)  Click here for Saipan Tri link





No comments:

Post a Comment