7.19.2009

I know this is a family blog, but today, it's my diary

I suppose one could say that loneliness is just a state of mind. But being without your spouse for 6 months at time, for two consecutive spring and summer seasons, can make it so much more difficult to shake that feeling. Surely, I am just wallowing in my sorrows. The majority of the time, it would seem that I am too busy to notice or dwell on the fact that Ron is gone. I'm busy with Stella, her school, my school, cleaning, cooking, park play-dates, running errands, working out, pretending to be the handy man, etc. But there are those moments and days, like today, that I miss him more than anything; where I wish we could just disappear once he returns and run off into the sunset. Silly me. It's a lifestyle I am used to living, but the heartache doesn't change or get any easier just because this is a normal routine in our lives. An email becomes a precious commodity, phone calls are a shot in the dark. I miss my best friend. I miss you, be safe, and come home to me, Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment