

Last Saturday, I ran my first 5k run. For the past 3 months or so, I've been running like crazy. I was never a distance runner, but out of the blue, I've become a budding marathoner. Well, I don't know if I would go that far. :0) I typically run about 12 miles a week, and take two high intensity spin classes a week. Normally, I run on a treadmill, averaging about 3-4 miles each time with my times ranging from 32-46 minutes, depending on the distance. So, I figured I would give this last 5k a shot. Running on concrete is so much different than a track or treadmill. There is no give and can offer some nice shin splints. Not to mention the terrible pain in my feet afterwards. I was concerned that I would have an extremely slower time than my average. All in all, I ran 3.1 miles in 32:30. I am very happy with my time and only hope to improve upon. In the meantime, I am also going to participate in several base-wide mini iron-man competitions. It consists of a 400m swim, 15 mile bike and a 5k run. I'm looking forward to it! Here's a picture of the last 5k.




No comments:
Post a Comment