1.09.2009

I miss my BF...(best friend)




While Ron and I were stationed in Milton, FL, I became a licensed realtor. My very first clients were a new couple looking to start over in Milton. It tooks a couple of months of looking around and trying to find the right home for their needs, and enough room for their new baby. Finally we found the right one, and closed about 45 days later, only after a huge fight for loans, etc. But the deadlines were met and they got the home they wanted. In all that time, I made a true and dear friend, Carol. Since we met in February of 2007, we have barely been separated. Whether we were meeting in person or simply on the phone, we spoke at least once a day. I suppose every now and then we all meet that one friend that you connect with the minute you meet. That was Carol and I.

For the first time that I can remember, I was actually close enough to someone to be there for all those big milestones in any given life. Besides being there for them when they bought their first home together, I was there the day she had her son, Brandon. I got to take video of all the after stuff when she was holding her son for the first time. I was there to help her through all the stuff afterwards of trying to settle into a new life with a newborn. I was there for her wedding on Halloween in 2007. On top of that, Carol has been there for me as well many times over, with something as simple as listening and letting me vent. She is an incredibally funny and beautiful woman, charismatic and charming. I really miss being with her right now, letting our kids hang out and chatting like chickens. I miss calling her at 7:30 every morning, just so we could get our daily chat in before the daily craziness started.
Carol, my dear friend, I love you and miss you so much. For now I am here, but I won't be forever, and I will see you soon. Besides, you have Urrl! :0)
Not only that but I've already got plans in the works for your 40th this October. Anything for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment