
So In my last blog I paid tribute to my best friend, Carol. My next few blogs are going to continue in those steps with several people who have effected my life in a very big and positive way. There are many, but some I feel, I owe much gratitude and am grateful to have in my life.
To my Michelle,
You are one special lady. The day we met, we were instant friends. Though we may have only seen each other in person a couple of times we've managed to stay in touch and support each other in the ways that we know how. I know you have done that for me. Especially once moving to Japan on my own with Stella and no husband around. Your good humor and warm thoughts have kept me going in cloudy times. I was hoping to be able to see you this coming summer, but with my little brother visiting, that kind of changes things. I cannot imagine not having you in my life. Without you, afterall, I wouldn't have my Nephew. Thank you for helping keep me stable and my feet steady on the ground. For listening to endless jabberring of life woes, fears, and frustrations. For treating Stella with such love and kindness, even though you have never had the chance to meet her. Thank you for showing me what an amazing woman and mother that you are. For your guidance and strength. I love you very much, and I only hope I have been a strong enough friend for you in return both in good times and in troubling times!




Mo....what do I say to that?! You are a woman after my own heart. Your laughter is not only contagious but motivating. Your smile is not only kind but whole-hearted. We met thinking we would someday be family...who knew that it didn't take a marriage to make that happen. You are a sister, a mentor, a best friend and a rock that I constantly look to along this crazy road of life.
ReplyDeleteWe have lead similar lives lately, being away from those that are closest to us...unsure of what lies ahead. I am not sure how I would have come out of everything had it not been for your constant, positive energy and "gut honest" feelings about things. With you, I always know that I am getting the real "Mo." I never doubt that you mean what you say, feel anything but what your heart holds and that you will always tell me what needs to be said...even if it's going to be hard to hear.
I wish there were more times in a day that we could talk...more times in a year that we saw each other...and more occasions that it seemed appropriate to tell you how wonderful of a person you are to me.
"Family": those in your life that you believe to be incapable of leaving your side...those that will be there not only when the smiles are big but also when the tears are many. You have been that to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so lucky to have you as a friend...and Tyler is so lucky to have you as an Aunt. I only hope that we are this close when we are Grandmas. :)
I love you...miss you...and can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! Thank you for making me feel special...and always believing in me.
-Michelle