5.09.2009

...

Sometimes we just go on. I cannot be more thankful. Sure, our home in Florida is falling apart with a busted water pipe and faulty a/c. And sure, I received the devastating news of our pregnancy being no more and am now way behind on my school work this week. But I just don't think I would have passed this rough week without my rock and my Dad. Ron is my rock, and my Dad is simple. We were very lucky that Ron's boss basically ordered him to stay behind while the ship went to sea this time around. Ron will eventually meet up with the ship, but just having him stay behind with me for the last several days has really helped me survive. And my Dad, I love him so much. He is not my biological father, but I claim him as my daddy. He is not a man of many words, and sometimes I do not understand his sense of humor, but he always makes me feel as if I was always his. All he ever has to tell me is: "Just know your dad loves you." That always makes my heart soar. So Dad, I love you. Thank you so much, daddy.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the baby. We too are desperately trying for #2 and after all this time if I were to lose the baby I would go insane. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. I appreciate that. We are doing well. Everything works out for a reason. Just wasn't out time yet. And maybe that was best. Ron goes out to sea for 6 months at a time right now. And he just left again, so this is not a good time to be preggers alone with a crazy toddler anyway. Take care, Andrea, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete