11.04.2008

A Precious waste


Beautiful Kobe-
Many people would say that your were just a dog. But we who knew you, knew better than that, didn't we? I used to joke that you and your Daddy, Ron, were lovers in a past life. You two were more than best friends. Why shouldn't you have been? It took you and I almost 2 years of bumping heads before we figured out we could both fit in Daddy's life. But I love you more for that. You were stubborn, moody, agressively possessive, yet protective of your family, loving beyond belief, more character than one could imagine. How could I have let this happen to you? I did everything I could to make sure that you would have the best home before we left you. Would things have been different if I would have stayed home and not come to Japan? You would still have your sister, Hope. Still have your home, your family, your Daddy, and your life. My decision to leave cost you the most precious thing. Your Daddy trusted your life to me. I let you both down. I am so so sorry, but that doesn't cut it does it? I will never understand how the people at the animal shelter could look at you and think that your new family wasn't looking for you. That no one would be. You were never some scraggly mutt. You used to prance around like a beauty queen. Stella asks about you. You protected her from the day we brought her home from the hospital, sleeping outside her bedroom door. What a precious waste. You will never be forgotten, nor could you ever be replaced. You were never a dog were you? You were our best friend. We love you, Kobe.

1 comment:

  1. Monique you said that so Beautifully!
    Please do not blame yourself. Your place was to be with Ron. Your grieving Kobe--She knew that you loved her. God has her now and all we have left of her is her Memories--funny ones--adorable ones and gross ones that I had experience. She was precious to all that knew her...I cried reading this--Ricky Jr. thought that I was crying because Obama won...lol!!
    Kobe and Hope were partners in crime in the back yard....I adored your dogs if as they were my own..We shared alot of tears when both of them had to leave your home. Kobe was trying to find her way back home and it hurts me to know that I was the closest to rescue her-but had no clue that she escaped...She was good at that...Anyways my heart goes out to you and Ron and little Stella.. I miss you guys..
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete