11.20.2008

!!!!Homecoming!!!!




I am up late tonight preparing everything for Ron's homecoming tomorrow. I just cannot seem to get the house clean enough. Stella and I made signs for him to see as the ship pulls into the berth. It is funny to see this come full circle. 9 years ago I was on the USS Enterprise, CVN-65, and spent a year going in and out to sea before our actual 6 month deployment. Only to be deployed as 9/11/01 occurred and delayed our homecoming. But I will never forget what it felt like to come home after 8 months. Of course, seeing the world was amazing, but there is nothing like coming home to see your family waiting for you on that pier. Now I get to give Ron that same feeling. It is the truest sense of the phrase, Home is where the heart is. Although we may not be with all our friends and family tomorrow, our little unit will be together again after 7 months.

It has been no picnic for any of us. Certainly a trial for any marriage. We've given up our home, our friends and family. Stella has had major attitude adjustments, and a birthday without Daddy. I've been on the verge of migranes on numerous occasions, left to deal with ridiculous navy bureaurcratic b.s. in order to get here, not to mention national security issues with my passports. I've cried for days at a time thinking I wasn't going to be able to get through another day without going completely insane. Ron has dealt with sleepless days and nights, multi-tasked positions and a completely different level of creature comforts than many, I have no doubt, would balk at. Then to top it all off, he would call me just to hear about my gripes and tears.
So...

**I wish that for my 28th birthday, my hubby could be home with me to celebrate it...**

Good thing that is tomorrow! :P

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONIQUE!!
    RON IS HERE AT LAST!!!!
    bE HAPPY AND COMFORT EACH OTHER!!
    nO MORE STRESSING OUT BY YOURSELF!!
    hAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOMECOMING AND GIVE sTELLA A HUG FOR ME...

    ReplyDelete