


Here in Japan, on November 15 this year, boys age 5 and girls age 3 and 7 are dressed up in their best Kimono and taken to local Shinto Shrines or Buddhist Temples. When they go there, they sit in the shrine or temples, get blessed by the priests or monks and prey for their future prosperity. Since this will be the only year Stella can participate, I've decided to get her a beautiful Kimono and and take her to Kamakura where all the Buddhist Temples are and have her blessed. I will also be wearing a Kimono in celebration of this day. I only have pictures of the Kimono right now. I will add the other pictures once we wear them and go to the temples. This particular Kimono is dated from the pre-WWII era, called the Showa period here in Japan. It is beautiful.




No comments:
Post a Comment